Wednesday, April 6, 2011

living/dining room with latest changes

*I've had this post in the works for a month. Things have changed since...the hanging lantern is gone, windows moved to striped wall and another shelf 1/3 the length of the existing white shelf will go where the windows were. But I'm posting anyway. Maybe in a year when it is done I'll post the final product, but no promises because I'm not doing this to blog about it. I'm doing it to enjoy for myself and for those who come here in the flesh!

Finally posting pictures of the latest changes. I love the new wall. The changes are combinations of ideas from a few people. When I posted the question about the white wall way back when a couple of you linked me with some people with expertise. I feel so lucky. I realized that I knew far less about interior design than I thought. I've realized I can identify a problem, but not solutions. But I am sold on the fact that interior designers are trained to know how things work and how to give me solutions. (It's kind of like what I do for people as a therapist! They should be called interior therapists.) Sunshine Geisler, an old friend of an old friend and thereby my friend who teaches at Monterey Peninsula College in Monterey, CA. And Joy of Joys of Home from Centerville, UT. Sunshine unfortunately doesn't have a blog or site since she just teaches. But she is having a baby soon so hopefully she'll begin some online consulting.

The layout has changed as well as the wall. I built that long white shelf in about 30 minutes with a 1x4 and a 1x6 and some screws. Easy as pie. Now I need textiles. That will come...later than sooner.





1 comment:

  1. Hopefully we will be able to see the living room soon. We are in RI and it is only 6 hours. Maybe we can get together 4th of July or Labor Day?

    ReplyDelete