Saturday, January 22, 2011

nnw3

I am going to keep this brief because I would rather be finishing that sweater. Why do I knit?

Anyway...this was another fantastic week for thrift shopping. Turns out this challenge isn't addressing any compulsive shopping tendencies I have. I've managed to spend as much as I normally do on household things, but instead of getting one or 2 things I've gotten several. I like seeing my home come together more quickly. I bought a nice trunk this week at Unique. I love Unique. I think this kind of thrift store makes this challenge possible and enjoyable. This challenge would be much more difficult in a small town.

I'm still kind of hung up on second hand clothes though. I don't like the search through all the random things at the thrift store. In the past I haven't loved the idea of wearing 2nd hand clothes...they seem dirty...but I think I can get over that. I wouldn't buy a t-shirt, but skirts and sweaters are fine. I think I might try out some consignment stores where they are more selective with what they sell. These things are more expensive, but will save me time.

However, for February I am doing a spending fast which means I only buy things we need to survive...like food and that will even be on a budget. This is something I plan to do every February for the rest of my life.

So March will be the month to boost my 2nd hand wardrobe. Happy Trails!

p.s. See Cami's post about jeans! Some good tips for making them last and food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment