Saturday, January 29, 2011

nnw4

Still enjoying the challenge and I love how my place is coming together more quickly! But as you can see from the post below I'm too busy to say much more. :)

At least I finished the sweater and their hooded towels!

This is the most challenging thing I've completed (not the most challenging thing I've started). The challenge was that I did not have a pattern. I started it with a Chilean, she moved...so I then I was getting guidance from a master knitter (it is an official title), I moved...so then I was on my own. I'm so glad I buckled down and forced myself to get through it! Simon has told me several times that he really likes the "different color sweater" but it is pretty big on him. I did that on purpose because I didn't want it to be too small when I finally finished. I'm touched that he likes it considering there are no animals on it. I was going to look for animal buttons, but I turned to Cami's stash instead.

Simon insisted on holding that "fire gun." For the ears I cut 2 pieces shaped like ears and sewed them together. Then I made a seam in the middle of the hood and sewed them in. I'm so glad it worked out cause I was winging it. If you want more specific instructions I can take closer pictures.

Time to get busy!



5 comments:

  1. I love the sweater! It looks awesome. Nice work. I can't wait to see it on him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are dripping in talent! You are my knitting hero

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did it! I'm so proud of you. The sweater looks great and maybe makes me want to go knit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you MADE that sweater. You amaze me.

    ReplyDelete